Wrong-way driving crashes occur when a driver does not observe the posted traffic sign, travels the wrong direction in the lane and collides with another vehicle. Unfortunately, these crashes are all too common.
If you were involved in a wrong-way crash, you may not know what to do. A car accident attorney like RHINO Lawyers can help. With our free consultation, we can inform you of your rights under the law.
TIPS FOR AVOIDING A WRONG-WAY CRASH
These crashes are more prevalent at night, dusk, and dawn. Considering, most wrong-way crashes are head-on crashes following these safety tips from the FLHSMV could help you avoid a crash:
- Stay Right at Night. This will help you to avoid crashes with wrong-way drivers.
- Call 911 immediately. Immediately reduce your speed and pull off the roadway to report the wrong-way driver.
- Stay alert. Do not drive distracted and never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Learn and obey all traffic signs. If you drive past a wrong way sign, turn around immediately. When you see a posted red sign, think: “Stop.” “Do Not Enter.” “Wrong-Way.”
- Look for FDOT dynamic messaging signs for wrong-way driver alerts. When you see an alert, reduce your speed, move over to the right and proceed with extreme caution.
RHINO Lawyers know that car accidents can happen at any time. After a car accident, you may not know what to do or who to call. Don’t struggle through the process alone. We’re here to help you with any legal needs you might have regarding injuries from a car accident.
Let RHINO Lawyers answer your questions and review the facts of your case with a Free Consultation. Get started by completing the “Free Instant Case Evaluation” or by calling us any time, day or night, at 844.329.3491.