WE TAKE YOUR SIDE & NOTHING GETS IN OUR WAY.
The RHINO Lawyers team works collectively on every case to ensure that no details are missed because we know that exceptional preparation is critical to problem solving. We’ll work one-on-one with you to develop unique strategies tailored to the specific details of your case to deliver the best results possible.
We’ll put you in direct contact with our attorneys for your peace of mind and the best top-tier legal service available.
Tractor Trailer and SUV Collide Killing One in Devastating Crash
An SUV and a semi-truck crashed Tuesday morning, April 30, 2019, killing the driver of the SUV. Both vehicles were traveling on U.S. 301, and it’s unknown what caused the crash at this time. When the Florida Highway Patrol arrived on the scene, they found the semi-truck seriously damaged and in a jack-knife position and parts of the SUV was scattered across the scene.
A Hillsborough County sheriff deputy tweeted a picture of the engine that appears to be several yards from the SUV. His tweet read, “We just want to take a moment to remind everyone that nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, is worth ending up in an accident like this. We always want everyone to go home safely every single day. We want the same for you and your family. Please drive safely. Pay attention and arrive alive.”
There are no reports of other injuries, and police are still investigating the incident.
Tractor Trailer Accidents
A fully loaded tractor trailer weights 80,000 lbs., almost 20 times that of a passenger car. According to the Institute for Highway Safety, there were almost 4500 deaths in the U.S. involving large trucks. Out of those, only 17 percent of the deaths were the drivers of the truck, 68 percent were passenger vehicle occupants and the 15 percent were pedestrians and motorcycle riders.
This shows the risks motorists and their occupants take when they venture onto the highways alongside semi-trucks and other large vehicles.
Big Rigs and SafetyCommon sense tells us to be cautious when driving around larger vehicles, and understanding what makes them dangerous can go a long way in avoiding accidents. Here are some safety tips:
- Stay out of the No Zones: Large trucksand buses have huge blind spots on all four sides. One rule of thumb is if you can’t see the driver in their mirror, then can’t see you.
- Pass Safely: Make sure the driver can see you, and then pass quickly not riding next to the rig very long.
- Don't Cut it Close:. It's especially dangerous to “cut off” a commercialbus or truck as they can’t stop as quick as a car.
- Stay Back.
- Anticipate WideTurns: Big rigs need a wide berth, and if you can learn to anticipate that, you can avoid injury.
- Be Patient: Frustration can make you do something rash. Slow down and save lives.
- Buckle up: Always wear your seat belt and require your passenger to do the same.
- Don’t Drink and Drive: This is good advice for any driving situation. Impairment puts you and anyone else on the road at risk.
Do I need an attorney?
If you’ve been injured by a semi-truck or other large vehicle, then you should talk to an Tampa Truck Accident Lawyer about your case before you speak to anyone from the insurance company. Call RHINO Lawyers today to talk to an attorney in a free consultation where you can have your case evaluated by an expert.
RHINO Lawyers is the powerful, results-driven law firm, that takes Insurance Companies and Bullies “head on!” We describe our bold modern approach to “Accident & Personal Injury Law” and “Our Personal Mission” to empower Florida’s families to “Take Charge!”