WE TAKE YOUR SIDE & NOTHING GETS IN OUR WAY.
The RHINO Lawyers team works collectively on every case to ensure that no details are missed because we know that exceptional preparation is critical to problem solving. We’ll work one-on-one with you to develop unique strategies tailored to the specific details of your case to deliver the best results possible.
We’ll put you in direct contact with our attorneys for your peace of mind and the best top-tier legal service available.
Fatal Motorcycle Crash in Pinellas Park
A motorcycle and a car collided killing the motorcycle rider and seriously injuring the driver of the car. The accident happened around 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 10,2019, at the intersection of 62nd Ave. N and 25th Street in Pinellas Park.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of the passenger car turned into the path of the motorcycle causing the collision. The motorcyclist died later at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. The driver of the car was also taken to Bayfront and is listed in serious condition.
Police say that the accident is still under investigation, and that charges against the driver of the car are pending.
Left Turn Motorcycle Crashes
Unfortunately, after a crash many drivers say they never saw the motorcycle coming. When a car takes a left in front of a motorcycle, even the best riders are often unable to avoid a collision.
Motorcycle riders are exposed compared to occupants of passenger vehicles, and in almost every motorcycle accident, the rider is knocked off the motorcycle and strikes the pavement. There are common injuries that motorcycle accident victims endure, they are:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: The head often hits the pavement or the other vehicle which puts the rider at risk for serious head injuries—even if wearing a helmet.
- Facial Injuries: Many times, the face is unprotected when the rider is wearing a helmet and can sustain serious injuries.
- Broken wrists: Riders often grip their handles tight in anticipation of the crash causing a severe break.
- Chest/Rib Injuries: Riders are often thrown into their handlebars which can cause severe compression injuries to the chest including broken ribs and lung puncture.
- Road Rash: This happens when exposes skin comes into contact with the pavement and can be similar to burn injuries.
- Deep Bruises: Many times, the double impact (first impact and then with the road) can cause deep and severe bruising.
Do I need an Attorney?
If you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle accident and are seriously injured, you need to at least talk to an attorney. You don’t have to hire one to make a claim, but before you do anything, talk to someone who can advise you of the law and your rights. If a loved one died you should also be aware of wrongful death claims as well.
The insurance company has one job to do, and that is to pay you as little as possible. It’s not personal, it’s their job. You need an attorney who knows the law and can go up against the insurance company on your behalf.
Contact a Florida Motorcycle Accident Lawyer.
If you were involved in a motorcycle crash, contact us today for a free consultation and case evaluation. RHINO Lawyers is the powerful, results-driven law firm, that takes Insurance Companies and Bullies “head on!” We describe our bold modern approach to “Accident & Personal Injury Law” and “Our Personal Mission” to empower Florida’s families to “Take Charge!”