To start with, Thanksgiving is here and the holiday season is upon us. So, it is that time of year we like to travel, shop for gifts, and visit family and friends. Thus, causing the roads to get congested. And, with the increased traffic comes increased dangers. For this reason, we have gathered some driving safety tips for the holidays.
Also, this is the time of year everyone has a chaotic schedule. So, staying vigilant while driving is important. With tempers flaring and many people distracted, remember safety begins with you. With this in mind, let’s all work together to keep the roads safer this holiday season.
driving safety tips
Considering, the holidays bring increased traffic to the road, staying safe is imperative. As a result, here are some driving safety tips to help keep you safe as you join the holiday traffic.
- Conduzca siempre sobrio – Driving under the influence of alcohol continues to be a factor in auto accidents. Which seems to spike during the holidays. So, celebrate responsibly and plan ahead. Either, use a ride-share service or make sure you have a designated driver.
- Wear Your Seatbelt – Because, in Florida, it’s the law. Also, because wearing a seatbelt saves lives. So, everyone in the car should wear a seatbelt or applicable child restraints.
- Evite conducir cuando esté cansado - Conducir cuando se está cansado produce efectos similares a los del alcohol. Además, la Fundación Nacional del Sueño descubrió que conducir después de estar despierto durante 18 horas seguidas tiene efectos iguales a los de una tasa de alcoholemia de 0,05. Considerando, que el limite de BAC en Florida es .08% o mas usted quiere evitar conducir sin dormir.
- No conduzca distraído – Activities that take your hands off the wheel and eyes off the road putting you at a higher risk of an accident.
- Mantenga su coche - Llevar a cabo el mantenimiento rutinario no sólo hará que su coche siga funcionando, sino que le ayudará a mantenerse seguro. Porque los frenos y los neumáticos son esenciales para el manejo de su coche. Y para su seguridad en la carretera.
holiday parking lot safety
Next, if you like to shop during the holidays you know parking lots get crowded. And, these crowded lots with less daylight can increase the risk of accidents or theft. So, while you are doing your holiday shopping keep these tips in mind.
- Slow Down – Do not rush around the parking lot to find a parking spot or to beat someone to a spot. As speeding will put you at risk of hitting a car backing out or pedestrian.
- Stay Alert – Because full parking lots can make it hard to see other vehicles and people walking through the parking lot.
- Park close or in a well-lit area – If possible park close to a mall entrance or under a light. Staying in a well-traveled area that is well lit will help keep you safe as you walk to and from your car.
- Put Shopping Bag Away – Now this is something you should practice year-round. Place shopping bags in the trunk. Because a bag sitting out in the open on a seat could attract a thief.
- Use the Buddy System – Shop with a friend or family member so you can watch out for each other. But, if you do shop alone try to walk near other people. Or, as security to escort you to your car when you are leaving.
What to do if involved in an accident during the holidays
Finally, if you get into an auto accident during your holiday travels or shopping, you need to know what to do. Due to most people not knowing what to do after an accident to protect their rights. We put together these tips to help car accident victims.
- Get to safety – This will prevent more damage from occurring.
- Contact the police – It is important to make sure there is a police report. Because you will need this report when you file your claim.
- Intercambio de información - Incluso si no tienen seguro, necesitarás sus datos de contacto y del vehículo. Además, deberás obtener los datos de contacto de cualquier testigo.
- Documentar los detalles – You will need to write down both driver’s vehicle information, time, and location of the accident. As well as, the officer’s name with a badge number. Also, try to document any details that may help when you file your claim.
- Tomar fotos – You should take pictures of the accident scene. Include photos of the damage to each car, the license plate of the other driver, and traffic signs.
- Seek medical attention – Often, injuries are not immediately apparent. Don’t wait, seek medical attention at your local emergency room, or by seeing your family physician right away.
- Get Legal Help – Most importantly, consult with an auto accident lawyer.
From our families to yours. Have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving!
CONTACTE A UN ABOGADO DE ACCIDENTES DE AUTO EN TAMPA
En resumen, después de un accidente de coche, es posible que no conozca sus derechos. Sobre todo, no luche solo en el proceso. En realidad, nuestro equipo de lesiones personales está aquí para ayudarle con cualquier necesidad legal que pueda tener en relación con su accidente.
Por último, dejemos que RHINO Lawyers responder a sus preguntas y revisar los hechos de su caso con una consulta gratuita. Así que, comience completando el "EVALUACIÓN DE CASO GRATUITA INSTANTÁNEAMENTE" o llamándonos a cualquier hora, de día o de noche, al 844.329.3491.