First of all, one of the most frequently asked questions we get from car accident victims is, should I see a doctor? While some injuries are obvious after an accident because the victim goes to the hospital in an ambulance. Still, other injuries are not as obvious. So, don’t assume everything is good when you can’t see the injury. For this reason, you should always see a doctor after a accidente de coche.
See a doctor, you might have hidden injuries
After, a car accident many people walk away not feeling anything. Typically, this is due to how the body responds to a traumatic event. With this rush of adrenaline and endorphins, most people don’t realize their injuries. In fact, some injuries take hours or even weeks to feel the effects. Unlike, lacerations some injuries stay hidden after an accident and worsen over time. For example, some of the common hidden injuries are:
- Latigazo cervical – Which is one form of soft tissue damage. Because it results from a sudden stretch of the muscles and ligaments. Due to the high-energy movements caused by impact. Not to mention, these high-energy movements are responsible for spinal injuries.
- Neck and Back Injuries – These injuries can cause paralysis or life-altering disability. But sometimes they get lucky. And, herniated disks so the damage is not as catastrophic.
- Bone Fractures – Like, soft tissue damage, broken bones are very common in auto accident injuries. Admittedly, the severity and effect of broken bones differ from person to person. For example, hairline fractures may go unnoticed after an accident if you don’t get seen by a doctor.
- Head and Brain – As a result, the collision can cause a person to hit their head on an interior part of the car. Thus, causing scrapes, cuts, and bruises. Or, worse case a traumatic brain injury. Whereas, less severe crashes leave you with a concussion or skull fractures. In any case, all head injuries need a doctor’s evaluation right away following a car accident.
See a doctor as soon as possible – 14-day rule
In all honesty, seeing a doctor right away can help you from worsening any injuries. Not to mention, Florida law states, you have 14-days to receive medical care to qualify for your PIP benefits. Additionally, make sure you see an approved healthcare provider. Like, the emergency room, urgent care, or a primary care doctor. Then your PIP benefits will cover you for:
- Medical Care
- Ambulance Transportation
- Surgical Services
- Rayos X
- Dental Care
- Rehabilitative Services
Getting checked helps with gathering evidence for your claim
Whether you are making a claim with your insurance company or against the at-fault party, you need to prove your injuries came from the accident. And, this is where seeing a doctor like an emergency room doctor is important. Because they not only document where your injuries came from but the extent of your injuries as well. In fact, an emergency room will perform diagnostic tests and x-rays. As well as, they will give you an expert evaluation. Then you can use these detailed records to build your claim. Further proving your injuries came from the car accident.
Seeing a doctor will give you peace of mind
Additionally, seeing a doctor will give you peace of mind. Besides proving your injuries are from the accident, it also lets you know the severity of your injuries. Plus, seeing a doctor after the accident allows you to follow the rules of your PIP benefits. And, shows you are taking the proper steps to recover from the accident.
Waiting to see a doctor can hurt your case
Consequently, in Florida, you have the responsibility of proving you suffered injuries. Regardless, if you think you the pain will go away. In all honesty, waiting to see a doctor is a bad idea. Due to the fact, both insurance companies and juries see the waiting for treatment as bad. And, not severe enough for compensation.
Though, we understand the hope for minor injuries and avoiding a doctor. But, you should see a doctor to have all accident injuries checked. Therefore, don’t ignore the pain no matter the severity. So, go to the hospital or see a doctor that specializes in auto injuries as soon as possible.
AVOID CAR ACCIDENT INJURIES
Granted, you can’t control or predict the actions of other drivers. Yet, as a driver, you have things you can do to help avoid car accident injuries. For instance, these can help reduce your chances of injury.
- Wear a Seatbelt – Specifically, you should always wear a seatbelt. Because it could save your life.
- Obey the Speed Limit – Actually, high speeds increase the severity of auto accidents.
- Vehicle Maintenance – Finally, keep up on your vehicle maintenance. Because a well-maintained car is less likely to have an accident from equipment failure.
CONTACTE A UN ABOGADO DE ACCIDENTES DE AUTO EN TAMPA
En resumen, después de un accidente de coche, es posible que no conozca sus derechos. Sobre todo, no luche solo en el proceso. En realidad, nuestro equipo de lesiones personales está aquí para ayudarle con cualquier necesidad legal que pueda tener en relación con su accidente.
Por último, dejemos que RHINO Lawyers responder a sus preguntas y revisar los hechos de su caso con una consulta gratuita. Así que, comience completando el "EVALUACIÓN DE CASO GRATUITA INSTANTÁNEAMENTE" o llamándonos a cualquier hora, de día o de noche, al 844.329.3491.