Help keep your children safe if they’re trick-or-treating this year with these great tips from Safe Kids Worldwide:
- A parent or responsible adult should always accompany young children on their neighborhood rounds of trick-or-treating.
- Obtain flashlights with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
- If your older children are going trick-or-treating alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you. Agree on a specific time when they should return home.
- Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.
- Because pedestrian injuries are the most common injuries to children on Halloween, remind trick-or-treaters:
- Stay in a group and communicate where they will be going.
- Remember reflective tape for costumes and trick-or-treat bags.
- Carry a cellphone for quick communication.
- Remain on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk.
- If no sidewalk is available, walk at the far edge of the roadway facing traffic.
- Never cut across yards or use alleys.
- Only cross the street as a group in established crosswalks (as recognized by local custom). Never cross between parked cars or driveways.
- Don’t assume the right of way. Motorists may have trouble seeing trick-or-treaters. Just because one car stops, doesn’t mean others will!
- Law enforcement authorities should be notified immediately of any suspicious or unlawful activity.
Have a safe and happy Halloween.
CONTACT RHINO LAWYERS
Injured or Arrested? Our mission is to form a lasting partnership with every client. Our passion is the people we help and the lives that we help change. Don’t become just another case.
Lastly, let the equipo de lesiones personales en RHINO Lawyers responder a sus preguntas y revisar los hechos de su caso con una consulta gratuita. Comience completando el formulario "EVALUACIÓN DE CASO GRATUITA INSTANTÁNEAMENTE" o llamándonos a cualquier hora, de día o de noche, al 844.329.3491.